Monroe’s investment banking team has a singular focus: servicing and supporting community banks across the U.S.
Our professionals have decades of experience at large investment banks as well as boutiques focusing on banks. We are committed to providing world class advice and execution for any of your financing or advisory needs. Importantly, our small size and focus ensure that you will get senior attention that is not possible from our larger competitors.
Capital Raising Services
Monroe has the expertise and market access to tailor the appropriate solution across a broad array of products to fit a bank’s specific capital needs:
- Common Stock - Monroe's position as the leading market-maker in OTC community bank stocks allows our clients to get the best possible information about investor perspectives current market dynamics, which are critical to an effective capital raise.
- Equity-linked Debt - Monroe has been an active in devising and marketing creative solutions to banks who have unique issues and needs.
- Subordinated Debt - The market for sub debt for community banks is evolving quickly, and Monroe can provide the best advice and access to the different investors in community bank debt.
Strategic Advisory Services
As either a potential buyer or seller in the M&A market, a community bank needs expert advice that combines industry knowledge and contacts with experience in the tactics and mechanics of the process.
Our team of professionals offers exactly that combination, with over 80 years of experience in negotiating and executing M&A transactions of all sizes and types.
Although volume of bank mergers varies widely over time with market conditions, in the last thirteen years Monroe professionals have been advisors on more than 100 bank transactions involving almost $4 billion in total deal value and $16 billion in banking assets.
And with our team, you and your board will get the full focus of the senior principals of our firm.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our valuations are prepared in accordance with valuation standards set forth in IRS Ruling 59-60 and conform with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices, as well as utilize generally accepted valuation methodologies such as the asset, market, and income approaches to determine a fair market value.
We provide the expert analysis you need for many purposes:
1. IRA & Shareholder Reporting
2. 401(k) and other Employee Benefit Plans
3. Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
4. Stock Option Pricing
5. Private & Public Capital Offerings
6. Corporate Strategic Planning
7. Estate and Tax Matters
8. Stock Repurchase Programs
For additional information, please contact:
Greg Dingens, Head of Investment Banking (312) 506-8752
Paula Johannsen, Managing Director (803) 289-1154
Additional information about our team is available in the Contact section of our website.